Inspiring Speeches and Quotes last until today
These quotes can be used as teaching tools in any classroom setting or at home with your family! To enhance them for kids of all ages (Kindergarten through 12th grade), we've made these inspirational MLK sayings into free printable quotes that are easy for anyone to use! And some even include space on the back, so they're perfect for
What was Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous word?
"I Have a Dream" is Martin Luther King Jr.'s most famous speech. It was delivered by him in 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during a historic civil-rights march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama. The words "I have a dream that one day this nation will rise and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal." were spoken at the end of his speech as he imagined what America would look like if blacks had full equality with whites.
Throughout history, Martin Luther King Jr's quotes continue being used as teaching tools for kids every year! We made free printable quotes into shapes, so everyone can use them
What is the most famous quote from Martin Luther?
"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise and live out the true meaning of its creed: We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all men are created equal."
What is Martin Luther King Jr's best quote?
Throughout history, Martin Luther King Jr's quotes continue being used as teaching tools for kids every year. We made free printable quotes into shapes, so everyone can use them.
Other well-known Martin Luther King sayings.
- Martin Luther King Jr. “I Have a Dream”
- "You don't have to know the whole world, you just need to find someone." - Martin Luther King Jr.
- "A genuine leader is not one who pursues power and rank, but one who causes others to pursue their best" - Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
- "We must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal we seek, but something that can be achieved tomorrow."
- "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
- "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.
- “People fail to get along because they don't know how or refuse to understand each other” - Martin Luther King Jr.